Feb 29, 2008

Mini-Muffins

My latest hobby--Baking! Yes, I don't believe it too. The last thing I thought I'll be good at was cooking!
However, its been burning on back on my mind that I haven't used the oven in four years. So searched for some recipes online, made some modifications and tried baking. Here is the journal
1. Mini-Muffins.Last month on a Monday morning (of all days) had a adrenal rush and started baking the first batch of mini-muffins. It was amazing to see the transformation of flour to mouth-watering treat. And I never knew baking was so easy and consumes very little time. The only problem will be putting together all ingredients. Here is the recipe:

Eggless Whole-Wheat Muffins:
Ingredients:

1 cup wheat flour (or you can change this to all-purpose flour).

1 tablespoon Baking Powder

1/2 tsp salt4 tbsp water

4 tbsp corn starch

1 cup whole milk

2/3 cup sugar

1 tsp vanilla extract

8 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)

1 cup blueberries
Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray the mini-muffin (or muffin) pan with PAM and keep it aside.
In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt.
In medium bowl, combine water, cornstarch; whisk until blended. Add in milk, sugar and vanilla and melted butter (I melt a stick of butter in the microwave just before adding). Don't let the butter sit in the mixture too long, it may coagulate. Add the blueberries.
Now, using a wooden spoon stir batter into it until blended, don't over mix. Pour the batter into muffin pan evenly and place it in the middle rack of the oven.
Bake for 15minutes, use toothpick to ensure dourness.Don't let it bake for too long, might turn crispy. Let it cool for 2 minutes.
The muffins were loose from the pan when I removed them from the oven and ready to serve

No comments:

Post a Comment