Aug 10, 2009

Toxins overdose

If processed milk can be hazardous, imagine the effect of cosmetic products. Hmm.
Recently, a friend forwarded the link to this website:

http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/

The cosmetic database gives a list of all daily products we use along with the 'Hazard' based on toxin level of all ingredients of the product.

The deo, day-moisturizer, sunscreen, shampoo, conditioner and even the toothpaste we regularly use have hazard level of 6 or 7 (1 being the least).
And I thought I was protecting myself slapping on some sunscreen!

Browsing through the site on range of products, i've arrived at the conclusion that the amount of products I use to get just the frizz-free hair just might give me some kind of cancer or make me infertile in few years.

Guess it's time to go back to good old shikakai and coconut oil

3 comments:

  1. This is freaking scary. I actually just moved to organic shampoo and conditioner from Trader Joe just coz of all this crap...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that's horrible...And I was thinking using all this ppl can be beautiful n chic, but at the cost of health I don't think they r that necessary, coz I've lived more than half my life without them so i can as well do without now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @sands: hey, nice choice. I'm trying out few organic stuff too.
    @rads: Right, thankfully we grew up without getting accustom to these products (read toxins!)

    ReplyDelete