Mar 16, 2012
Time flies without regard to anything. But if you asking me what happened in the past year-it is truly just handful of important events I remember. Maybe, that is all I need to remember but somewhere deep down it hurts that knowingly I’ve missed documenting the events that took place, the thoughts that passed through, the unimplemented ideas, completed projects which took place all through the year.
Call it sanity; contented-ness or even vanity-it surely cheers me to up to go over chapters of life to perk me up.
So, here’s thanking Rads from bottom of my heart for this blog award. The award meaning from German word it means 'Beloved'. Feel that.Rads is a blogger friend and she's back to blogging full time again.
The rules say I should pass it on to five others but please feel free to take the tag yourself and spread the love.
Every beloved object is the center point of a paradise.
Mar 16, 2011
And just like all other religions, the source is always ignored.
During my shopping trips, I've entered anything marked 'Sale' in Commericals or Jayanagar and picked up 'Export Quality' cloths.
Of course I knew these were rejected exports but export material nevertheless. So it's irresistible not to pick up cute top you couldn't find even in shopper's stop!
I had never given a look at the names, until during recent trip to bangalore, the 'export quality sale' cloths were all in OLD NAVY and GAP hangers.
Recently, reading In Spite the of Gods by Edward Luce (post on this later), finally got to know the source of :
The cloths sold in Marks & Spencers, GAP, Banana Republic, Pierre Cardin and Abbercrombie usually arrive from Gokaldas Express who's small units are spread across Bangalore, India. These are just few of their clients who turn out two million garment pieces every month!
Dec 17, 2010
I love the movie previews.
It makes you feel like a Premier except for lack of Champagne and Movie stars and Red-carpet and paparazzi.
Okay, there is nothing great about watching a movie fortnight a ahead except you watched it even before firstdayfirstshow (FDFS).
But still, kind of feel good when the whole Multiplex is booked just for this single movie screening.
The blond attractive PR scans our passes. She had a couch bag and nine west boots. Wonder how much they pay her to scan passes and watch the movie with us.
Have surrender our cell phones/Ipads/cameras etc at the counter and we get patted down by man who looks like someone from MIB.
The MIB agent even made the lady in front of me to check-in her tablet. I mean iPad..that stupid thing doesn’t even have a camera. Will she sit and blog about the movie inside the theater.
Well, back to subject. Right after five minutes into the movie, I was devastated.
At first I thought I’ve watching Will Ferrell for first few minutes.
Then it hit me that Seth Rogan has lost oodles of weight. Now he looks like Mini-Will
I really thought I’m going to watch Mr.This Year’s Sexist Man Alive after mini-will. Still wishing even after the Asian Guy turns up.
Which Moron decides to confuse people releasing movies with identical first names (GREEN)at the same time—that too during busiest time of year.
I won’t spoil by going into details of the story. Here are few comments
- The movie was pretty funny. But given a choice I would watch Gulliver’s Travels in theater and Green Hornet on DVD.
- Nothing like Batcar. But liked the Black Beauties used by Hornet-Neat accessories and retro fittings in the car. (means lots of guns, explosives, record-player and even a parachute!)
- Smoke gun by hero—funny. Gas Mask by villain—funniest!!!
- The leading lady is actually older than the hero(s).
- Finally, this is one the rare movie(book) where the superhero doesn’t have any powers!!!!! He's just a Poor Little Rich Guy.
Note: Heard from colleague who grew up in 50's that in earlier TV series, the Asian guy in The Green Hornet was played by Bruce Lee.
Dec 13, 2010
This year has been a whirlwind. Here is a summary of events:
Had some wonderful guests over visiting from blore-cousins, sil, nieces
Took a weeklong Disneyworld vacation
Visited Blore for a month in Aug and enjoyed the festivities.
Quit my job-That’s a first!!
Led a bachelorette life and almost enjoyed it
Had too many parties
Started on the new job
Never thought discontinuing writing would affect me(mental state) in a way I never thought it could.
It has been over more than a year since I’ve stopped writing and more than two years since I’ve stopped keeping up the appointment at the gym.
Not sure why.
Blamed my ex-boss, blamed the commute and blaming the rented house we live in. But deep in my heart I know it is me and taking a vacation 8000 miles away (aks visiting home) won’t make a difference.
I’ll try to make an honest attempt to revive this blog. Share experiences, new skills, fresh ideas or bother everyone with my rants! At least, crossing fingers that thought to keep stress at a distance.
Aug 31, 2009
Glad you are enjoying the stay at furnished apartment. Your breakfast stories are hilariously sadding. Here are few tips from experience:
1. The round bread-like object which you suggested is like a chew toy to your puppy is actually called a 'Bagel'. First toast it and then slap on some cheese before consuming it with coffee. Believe me, you will find it addictive.
2. The one without any holes is the 'english muffin'. Follow the same as above to relish it :)
3. It is not a bland like dosa. It must be a waffle' or 'pancakes' consumed with maple syrup. It becomes very sloppy once you add the maple syrup to it. I would stay away from it unless you are craving sweet in the morning.
4. You think oatmeal is your diabetic grandma's BF back home...so let's just not talk about it.
5. Cereals is not just cornflakes...try the small-round ones called 'Cheerios', the square-ones called 'Shredded wheat' which tastes like cardboard unless it is frosted with lots and lots of sugar!
6. Don't eat doughnuts every morning for BF unless you want to put on tens of pounds in a month
And finally if you are craving for some spicy, hot breakfast, I suggest a Taco Bell :-)
Aug 10, 2009
Recently, a friend forwarded the link to this website:
The cosmetic database gives a list of all daily products we use along with the 'Hazard' based on toxin level of all ingredients of the product.
The deo, day-moisturizer, sunscreen, shampoo, conditioner and even the toothpaste we regularly use have hazard level of 6 or 7 (1 being the least).
And I thought I was protecting myself slapping on some sunscreen!
Browsing through the site on range of products, i've arrived at the conclusion that the amount of products I use to get just the frizz-free hair just might give me some kind of cancer or make me infertile in few years.
Guess it's time to go back to good old shikakai and coconut oil
Aug 5, 2009
I thank Preethi for passing on these awards. I'm honored (and happy!). This appreciative gesture means a lot to me.
These awards also came with a tag. There it goes.
1.What is your current obsession?
Blogging, Learning html (my blog has new look every few days!), planning beach trips for the weekend!
2. What are you wearing today?
Like most the days, its jeans and a shirt for work.
3. What's for dinner?
Hot coconut Uppma (I love having breakfast for dinner!)
4. What’s the last thing you bought?
Milk at the grocery store!
5. What are you listening to right now?
Humming sound of AC
6. What do you think about the person who tagged you?
They are excellent cooks and post mouth watering recipes!
7. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
8. What are your must-have pieces for summer?
Sunscreen lotion, White kurtas, sandals!
9. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
Of course, pay a visit home!
10. Which language do you want to learn?
Sanskrit (at least to read some hymns) , French (simply), Spanish (if i need to survive in west coast! and Chinese (since they might dominate the world in 10years or less!)
11. What’s your favorite quote?
"If you think you can, you can"
12. Who do you want to meet right now?
Parents and my sisters!
13. What is your favorite colour?
Black and Red.
14. What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own closet?
My 8-year old salwar(which still fits, wonder how)brings lot of good memories!
15. What is your dream job?
Travel associate, Researcher (should be allowed to use 'google'), Beer Taster...
16. What’s your favorite magazine?
Oprah, Cosmo and you can guess the rest!
17. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
Fine food and drinks with friends.
18. What do you consider a fashion faux pas?
Wearing clothes you are not comfortable with or you don't fit into fully!
19. Who are your style icons?
My grandmother who was impeccable all the time. I still cannot get her style or elegance
20. Describe your personal style.?
Comfortable yet pleasing to the eye.
21. What are you going to do after this?
Start working (i've been blogging on office hours!)
22. What are your favorite movies?
Duet, Geentanjali, DDLJ, HSSH (any 90's bollywood movie), Devil wears Prada and any hollywood sci-fic!
24. What are three cosmetic/makeup/perfume products that you can't live without?
Olay moisturizer/ Eyeliner and Compact/Perry Ellis
23. What inspires you?
People with enthusiasm who pass it along!
24. What do you carry in your bag?
House/car keys, credit cards, mobile, tissues, chapstick, compact, comb, safetypins, rubberbands, receipts (no wonder it's nicknamed as trashcan!)
25. What do you do when you “have nothing to wear” (even though your closet’s packed)?
Wear an outfit I don't like grumbling but go for an awesome accessory (necklace, bangle or Bag!)
26. Coffee or tea?
27. What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed?
Drink vodka and pass out.
28. What is the meaning of your name?
Mythri means friendship.
29. Which other blogs you love visiting?
Too many to list.
30. Favorite Dessert/Sweet?
Hot carrot halwa or a cold rasmalli
31. Favorite Season ?
Winter in Bangalore, Fall in Boston!
32) If I come to your house now, what would u cook for me?
Instant MTR Rava Idli with green chutney:)
33)What's your current mood?
Undecided-happy filling out the tag but nervous about the afternoon presentation!
The rules are:
Respond and rework – Answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, and add one more question of your own.Then tag eight or ten other set of people.
I would like to share these awards and tag....